Local Founders Profile: Henry and Marie Gamp
Posted by beachwoodhistoricalalliance on August 19, 2009
From the pages of his own 1924 Beachwood Directory and Who’s Who, here is what William Mill Butler wrote about original residents Mr. and Mrs. Henry S. Gamp. This particular entry has been enhanced by multimedia not included in the original directory, having been provided this week by the Gamps’ great-granddaughter, a current resident of the borough.
Click on all the embedded links for a broader understanding of their lives and background:
Gamp, Henry S., south corner Barnegat Boulevard and Spring St., Block D-25.
Born in New York City, 1867. Business, investments, 305 Broadway, New York.
Wife, Mrs. Marie Evelyn Gamp; children, all married, Stephan Henry Gamp, Louis Frederick Gamp, Mr. Carrie Katherine Nalen and Mrs. Marie Evelyn Campbell. President and treasurer The Margam Company; president Harclip Realty Corporation; member Bronx Chamber of Commerce, Dirigo Lodge No. 30, F. and A.M., Bronx County Yacht Club, and St. Paul’s Evangelical Reformed Church, Bronx, New York.
Mr. and Mrs. Gamp are both members of the Beachwood Property Owners’ Association.